Doctorate Programs

Megan Crowhurst mcrowhurst at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Dec 13 17:06:17 UTC 1999

Hello,

Recently, we've had several (sometimes very interesting) critiques
and requests for information posted to the GALA-L list.  This is just
a gentle reminder that this is not a list intended for general
discussion, but is a very task-oriented list whose purpose is the
formation of IGALA (the International Gender and Language
Association), a new organization.  Postings not directed to that
purpose aren't appropriate for this list.  However, there is another
list, Feminists in Linguistics (Fling) for which general postings of
the type we've received recently would be both appropriate and
welcome.  Fling is on the Linguist server, and potential subscribers
can sign on by clicking on the line "Join or leave the list" at the
web address

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/fling.html

Thanks, and the greetings of the season all around.

Megan
Megan Crowhurst, PhD			Phone: 512-471-1701
Department of Linguistics		Fax:   512-471-4340
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX  78712-1196
USA