Agenda discussion

Cornelia Gerhardt c.gerhardt at RZ.UNI-SB.DE
Tue Feb 2 13:28:26 UTC 1999

First, thank you for offering this forum.

I work in English linguistics (among other fields also on gender and
language), so I am interested in GALA issues. However, as I am German and
work in Germany, I could not be part of a 'national association' meaning U.S.
* What are reasons for limiting this forum to the U.S.? (This is a request
for information)
* Do you think that there is enough interest to create various 'national
organisations'?

Also consider that for me personally it does not make sense to be part of a
German subgroup, because I am primarily concerned with English and not
German, and I take it that in such a group the language mainly discussed
would be German.

Please respond, Cornelia
Cornelia Gerhardt
English linguistics