correction

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Tue Feb 2 13:50:08 UTC 1999

I've just been notified that there's an error in the list's welcome message
concerning how to subscribe to FLING. It's been corrected, but I'm
resending the following paragraph, with the corrected information about
FLING, for those who would like it:

**Because of the very focused nature of GALA-L, we ask that you not post
announcements of any kind to the list. Queries should be limited to the
discussion topic at hand only; please do not post inquiries about, for
example, scholarly references, e-mail addresses, or other topics beyond the
scope of the discussion.** If you seek a forum for the discussion of
language and gender scholarship, as well as feminism and the status of
women in linguistics, we urge you to subscribe to FLING (Feminism in
Linguistics), which is dedicated to these issues. To subscribe to FLING,
send the following message to LISTPROC at LISTSERV.OIT.UNC.EDU:

subscribe FLING Firstname Lastname

Sorry for any problems this may have caused.

Mary