let's go

Victoria L. Bergvall vbergval at MTU.EDU
Wed Feb 24 05:21:44 UTC 1999

Thanks for Megan for getting us started, again. I had wondered if I were
missing something too.

Though I voted for the agenda, I now realize that the question (a) below
isn't where I want to start the discussion. To me, it really assumes a
prior discussion of goals and purposes.

>> I. philosophy of GALA,
>>
>>  a)  What will happen when the six months are up?  How will we implement our
>> discussion and resolutions?

What I think are the prior, critical two questions are these:
***Why do we need GALA and what do we want it to be?***

This might be clear to the list midwives, but it isn't clear to me yet.
Thus, before we think about where we go 6 months from now, I would like to
consider the present in more detail.

Is that skipping ahead to something else on the agenda or something I
should have remembered from the organizers' call to us? (If so, I
apologize: I have just reached the end of a gruelling quarter where I may
have missed some e-mail discussion, topped off with a recent disk failure
that took down my critical e-mail archives, so I don't have the rest of the
agenda available right now.)

Thanks,
Vicky

              Victoria L. Bergvall
Department of Humanities    Associate Professor of Linguistics
Michigan Tech University    Office phone: (906) 487-3260
1400 Townsend Drive         Fax: (906) 487-3559
Houghton, MI 49931-1295     Internet: vbergval at mtu.edu