summary of 1A: Holes

Miriam Meyerhoff mm167 at CORNELL.EDU
Wed Mar 3 20:18:41 UTC 1999

Sara, thanks for the sum.

>CALL FOR FORUMULATION AND TIMETABLE:
>
>Four more days for additional proposals, formulating and clarifying an the
>item (1a) for a vote. Okay?

It seems a fair summary of where we got. Re.:

>HOLES:
>
>1.  It doesn't seem that we have discussed the above proposal or
>brainstormed for alternatives much.
>2.  Maybe this general proposal is okay for now given that we haven't
>discussed philosophy or nature of GALA-L.  Opinions on that?
>3.  However, the question at some point whether as in (3) the temp. exec.
>committee calls for elections based on the structure they propose for an
>exec. committee.  OR IF as in (4) the nature and composition of exec.
>committee arises directly out of online negotiation.

I'm sure you read through earlier discussion more carefully than me, but I
got the impression that discussion had favoured "(4) the nature and
composition of exec. committee arises directly out of online negotiation",
to the extent that the outstanding questions about representation
(regional, 'professional') still need to be thrashed out.
	I am happy with 1. above, because of 2.

mm

Miriam Meyerhoff
Asst Professor