Call for a vote

JANET BING jbing at ODU.EDU
Tue Mar 9 14:20:29 UTC 1999

Vote:

A.  COMMUNICATION:
YES. I.  We keep the email list.
NO--too expensive. II.  We disseminate information through the
regular mail, possibly in the form of a newsletter.

YES..  Plan 4.  Same as Plan 2, modified by including Plan 3. Thus:

- When the discussion ends in six months, we call for nominations for the
first executive committee with a one-year term of office.
- We hold an online election.
- The committee takes the principles that emerged during the discussion
and drafts by-laws for the organization, sets up an institutional
structure (non-profit status and the like), and otherwise gets things
rolling.
- We commit to considering diversity (geographical and otherwise) as we
talk about the scope (international) of the organization.

C.  SORT OF STRUCTURE TO BE IMPLEMENTED.
YES: III. Proposal 3.  Both 1 and 2; that is, Structure and
implementation should emerge from the membership's discussion of each
agenda item as it arises, *and* by looking at the structures of other
organizations.

CALL FOR A VOTE:

PROPOSAL A.  Vote YES or NO on each of the following. (NOTE: The two
options are not mutually exclusive; you may vote YES on both.)

1. We will keep the email list operative after the six months of
discussion have ended.
2.  We will disseminate information through mail in a newsletter.

PROPOSAL B.  Vote YES or NO on Plan 4 (the most comprehensive plan). If
Plan 4 is rejected, we will vote on the other plans.

PROPOSAL C.  Vote YES or No  on Proposal 3 (the most comprehensive
proposal). If it is rejected, we will vote on the other proposals.

(Please return votes to mjcrowhu at email.unc.edu by Thursday.)

Janet Bing
Dept. of English
Old Dominion University