job posting - visiting asst. prof. position at West Virginia Univ.

Kirk Hazen khazen2 at WVU.EDU
Fri Mar 12 22:18:34 UTC 1999

I realize we are just getting ourselves in order, but I thought somebody
might be interested in this job.

Kirk

>From: "Barbara J. Howe" <bhowe at wvu.edu>
>Subject: job posting - visiting asst. prof. position at West Virginia
>  Univ.
>
>>West Virginia University seeks to hire a Visiting Assistant Professor of
>Women's Studies for a nine-month, non-tenure track position from August 16,
>1999 through May 15, 2000.  The salary will be approximately $33,000.
>WVU's Center for Women's studies offers an undergraduate minor enrolling
>over 100 students in core and departmentally-based courses. Our
>introductory course fulfills general education requirements and enrolls
>about 800 students in multiple sections each academic year.  We also teach
>graduate students through WVU's Master of Arts in Liberal Studies.  We are
>housed in the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences and provide a variety of
>university-wide academic programs and services. More information on the
>Center is available on our website: www.as.wvu.edu/wvwmst.  Morgantown is
>approximately 80 miles south of Pittsburgh and 200 miles west of
>Washington, D.C.
>>
>>Completed Ph.D. in Women's Studies or an appropriate related discipline
>and teaching experience in Women's Studies are strongly preferred.  The
>successful candidate will teach 3 courses per semester: in Fall, two
>sections (27 students max) of Introduction to Women's Studies and an
>undergraduate/graduate level course of the candidate's choosing which
>support the instructional needs of the Center (35 students max); in Spring,
>two sections of Intro and another undergraduate/graduate course of the
>candidate's choosing which support the instructional needs of the Center
>(35 max).  Participation in Center activities and programs will also be
>expected.
>>
>>Send vita, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations (if available, summary
>material only) and letters of recommendation to Dr. Lillian J. Waugh,
>Center for Women's Studies, WVU, Box 6450, Morgantown, WV 26506-6450.
>Questions can be referred to Dr. Waugh at 304-293-2339 or via e-mail:
>lwaugh at wvu.edu.  Review of applications will begin April 15 and continue
>until the position is filled.
>>
>>West Virginia University is an Affirmative Action -Equal Opportunity
Employer

>Barb Howe
>Interim Director
>Center for Women's Studies
>PO Box 6450
>West Virginia University
>Morgantown, WV 26506-6450
>Phone:  (304) 293-2339
>Fax:  (304) 293-3041

Kirk Hazen, Ph.D.			Phone: (304) 293-3107x414
Assistant Professor of English	Fax:	(304) 293-5380
Department of English		http://www.as.wvu.edu/~khazen/
West Virginia University
PO Box 6296	Morgantown West Virginia  26506-6296