voting procedures

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Fri Mar 12 15:27:31 UTC 1999

A couple of reminders and requests about voting:

1. Normally we'll vote off-list, unless someone calls for an on-list vote.
Please don't send your votes to the list; this deprives your vote of its
anonymity and clutters the list. Note that if you choose the "reply"
option, your message will be sent to the entire list. To vote, you'll need
to send your message to the facilitator conducting the vote.

2. Please don't include message headers (the material that precedes the
message itself) when you reply. These fail to reach their destination
because the LISTSERV program reads them as errors.

We'll try to remind you of these procedures each time we call for a vote.
Thanks!

Mary (for the facilitators)