vote: final governing structure

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at TAMU.EDU
Mon Mar 20 01:48:22 UTC 2000

Voting is now open for the following issues raised for discussion in my
proposals below. Please do not reply to the list; send your votes to me at
bucholtz at tamu.edu by TUESDAY, MARCH 21.

1. The executive committee will consist of the following members:

- President (2-year appointment, nonrenewable)
- Vice-President/President-Elect (2-year appointment, nonrenewable)
- Conference Chair (1-year appointment on Executive Committee, 2 years;
after that on the Conference Committee in advisory capacity; nonrenewable)
- Financial Officer (3 years; renewable)
- Secretary (3 years; renewable)
- Chair of the Advisory Council (3 years/2 years if student; renewable)

2. The officers elected by the membership in the first election will hold
office for the regular term lengths approved by the membership.

3. The six appointed seats on the Advisory Council (representing
professional and political concerns) will be appointed by the Executive
Committee, based on recommendations developed by the sitting Advisory
Council members.

After these issues are resolved, we can begin the nomination and election
procedures.

Mary