seeking references on being ignored

Frances Trix ftrix at UMICH.EDU
Fri Aug 23 18:45:20 UTC 2002

Dear Mary,

This is so familiar.  I think Tannen has written on this in her book on
language in work settings, Talking from 9 to 5, but I don't recall any
systematic studies.  It certainly relates to men not listening well when
women speak.

Let me know if you find any good studies.

Frances Trix
Dept of Anthropology
Wayne State University
Detroit, Michigan

--On Monday, August 19, 2002 5:16 PM -0700 Mary Bucholtz