changing your GALA-L subscription options

Mary Bucholtz bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU
Fri Aug 30 22:02:41 UTC 2002

Dear all,

I've received several requests for assistance with subscriptions, so I
thought it might be helpful to post this information to the list.

To change your subscription options, visit:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/gala-l.html

and click on "Join or leave the list (or change settings)." You can use
this page to automatically update your email address, temporarily set your
subscription to receive no postings while you're away from email for a long
time, or unsubscribe. Please do not try to make these changes by posting to
the list itself--your message will be sent to all the subscribers rather
than to the LISTSERV program. This will also happen if you select "reply"
when responding to a list posting (as I myself was reminded to my chagrin
the other day--my apologies for sending a personal thank-you to the whole
list).

At times, the list owners (Sara Trechter and me) will manually set a
subscription to no-mail if your mailbox is full or you go on vacation and
set an auto-reply message. If we do so, LISTSERV will send a message to you
letting you know (it may not get through if your mailbox is very full, so
if you're not receiving list mail please check the above website to see if
your subscription has been changed to no-mail). If your email address is
bad and messages are bouncing, we will manually delete it or LISTSERV will
do so automatically. You can resubscribe under your new/correct address at
the website.

If you have trouble using the website, please contact one of us
(bucholtz at linguistics.ucsb.edu or strechter at csuchico.edu).

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Bucholtz