Literature on sexist discourse

Yumiko ohara yumikoo at HAWAII.EDU
Wed Dec 11 04:22:59 UTC 2002

Thank you to Miriam for mentioning my work. I have one more paper that is
in press in Discourse and Society that is about sexist discourse on a
Japanese TV consultation program. Also, there is another paper that is not
about Japanese discourse per se but it does adopt a feminist approach to
Japanese society, particularly about the teaching of English.  I would be
happy to send a copy of either or both papers to Sumiyuki and anybody who
might be interested. Here are the references.

Ohara, Yumiko and Scott Saft (in press) Using Conversation Analysis to
Track Gender Ideologies in Social Interaction: Toward a Feminist Analysis
of a Japanese Phone-in Consultation TV Program. Discourse & Society 14(2).

Saft, Scott and Yumiko Ohara (forthcoming)  Promoting critical reflection
about gender in EFL classes at a Japanese university. In Bonny Norton and
Aneta Pavelnko (eds.), Gender and TESOL.

Yumiko Ohara