query regarding terms in French and/or Italian

Lake Jill j.lake at PALGRAVE.COM
Fri May 17 15:21:36 UTC 2002

Sorry Erez - I'm not sure I even know the meaning of the English..
Jill lake

-----Original Message-----
From: Erez Levon [mailto:eml246 at NYU.EDU]
Sent: 16 May 2002 23:53
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: query regarding terms in French and/or Italian

A friend of mine is translating a queer theory book into Italian, and I was
wondering if any of you knew the Italian and/or French translations of the
terms below:

- the phenomenon of radical or gender-fuck drag
- gender-bending
- cross-purposes
- bull (or diesel) dykes (camionneuse?)
-nightstick

Either send responses to me, or directly to him at
<gasparomagnifico at yahoo.com>.

Thanks a lot.
Erez

         Erez Levon
         NYU Linguistics 719 Broadway Fifth Floor NY NY 10003
         tel: 212 998 7950       email: EML246 at nyu.edu

         A masterpiece is not the result of a sudden inspiration but the
product of a lifetime of thought.
                                                         - Virginia Woolf

 DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone
who is not the original intended recipient.  If you have received this
e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or
any other storage mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of
its agents accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the
sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers
Limited or one of its agents. Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers
Limited nor any of its agents accept any responsibility for viruses that may
be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility
to scan the email and attachments (if any).  No contracts may be concluded
on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail
communication. Macmillan Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales
with registered number 785998 Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills,
Basingstoke RG21 6XS