Politeness and Power Conference

Janet Holmes Janet.Holmes at VUW.AC.NZ
Wed May 22 02:09:06 UTC 2002

I only wish I coudl come  Christine!

Good luck --hope it goes well

Janet

Professor Janet Holmes
School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600
Wellington
New Zealand

Phone:  0064 4 4635614
Fax: 0064 4 4635604

-----Original Message-----
From: chris christie [mailto:C.Christie at LBORO.AC.UK]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 8:23 PM
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Politeness and Power Conference

The Cross-Cultural Linguistic Politeness Research Group is holding a conference on Politeness and Power in Loughborough on 14th September 2002, and I attach a call for papers with the details.  We would really like some papers on language and gender, but to date have not received any.

Given the late posting of this call for papers on the IGALA list, if more time is needed to prepare an abstract, please let me know.

Chris Christie

Chris Christie
Department of English & Drama
Loughborough University
Telephone: 01509-222954 (direct) 01509-222969 (messages)