Great seeing you!!

Candy Goodwin mgoodwin at ANTHRO.UCLA.EDU
Mon May 12 19:15:10 UTC 2003

Mary, GREAT seeing you at the conference!! Fun to see you in your new
environment, too.

I will send my latest papers...

I'm thinking that Valerie should get in touch with  Sharla Jones
<sharla at ucla.edu> for a copy of her dissertation.  It's on the
politics of deafness. It's in Education, too
It's a good review of the lit and should be helpful.
Title is "Absence from Influence: Perspectives of Administrators and
Graduates on the Deaf Community's Exclusion from the Decision Making
process in deaf education."

Also, any comments on the paper, its organization, etc. would be much
appreciated.
I'm thinking, maybe I should not deal with Family B and just talk
about positive knowledge explorations? What do you think. I know
showing the data after your question was a mistake, probably. I do
need to show some of the more positive aspects of things. Looking for
advice...

thanks, Candy
Candy Goodwin
      Anthropology