Community of Practice in German

Geraldine Horan G.Horan at UCL.AC.UK
Tue Aug 3 11:35:45 UTC 2004

I am carrying out research on communities of practice in a
German-speaking environment and wondered if anyone could help me with
the following queries. Does anyone know how the expression 'community of
practice' is rendered in German? A colleague of mine has mentioned
'Gemeinschaftskultur(en)', but I can't seem to find any reference to it
in a linguistic context. Also, does anyone know of any research into
communities of practice and gender in German?
I would be very grateful for any information/suggestions!

Geraldine Horan

Dr Geraldine Horan
Department of German
University College London