Community of Practice in German

Miriam Meyerhoff Miriam.Meyerhoff at ED.AC.UK
Tue Aug 3 14:09:30 UTC 2004

Dear Geraldine,

Someone who might be likely to know the answers to your questions is
Stephanie Schnurr <stephie.schnurr at gmx.de>.

You might forward your query directly to her as I am not sure if she
is on the GALA-L mailing list.

As a non-native speaker of German, I'm not sure how much baggage
"-kultur(en)" carries in the proposed translation. However it seems
to efface the emphasis on social practices that was intended by
Wenger and has been picked up on by language and gender researchers.

Best wishes, Miriam

--
Miriam Meyerhoff
Theoretical and Applied Linguistics