grammatical gender system

Scott F. Kiesling kiesling at PITT.EDU
Fri Feb 6 04:40:57 UTC 2004

You might check out Kira Hall's work, if you haven't. I know this one
talks about grammatical gender use:

 Hall, Kira, & Veronica O'Donovan (1996).  Shifting Gender Positions Among
Hindi-speaking Hijras.  In Victoria Bergvall, Janet Bing, & Alice Freed
(eds.),  Rethinking Language and Gender Research: Theory and Practice.
London: Longman. 228-266.

SFK

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 at 10:40pm, the following was brought forth by Rodrigo Borba: