grammatical gender system

Sally McConnell-Ginet smg9 at CORNELL.EDU
Fri Feb 6 17:21:31 UTC 2004

Yes, Kira's stuff is very helpful here.  Relevant
also is the book (Oxford Univ Press, 2001) by
Anna Livia, Pronoun Envy: Literary Uses of
Linguistic Gender.  Though it focuses on
literature, it has a lot of useful and
enlightening discussion that could be helpful to
you.

--
Sally McConnell-Ginet
Professor of Linguistics