grammatical gender system

Rodrigo Borba borba.rodrigo at TERRA.COM.BR
Mon Feb 9 23:41:17 UTC 2004

Thank yu Scott, I have already read Kira Hall's work on the subsertion of
the Hindi grammatical gender system. It was quite helpful.

What kind of research do you carry out? Let me know. I'd like to share
experience with p=more experienced people who work with linguistics.]

best regards,

Rodrigo Borba
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott F. Kiesling" <kiesling at PITT.EDU>
To: <GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 1:40 AM
Subject: Re: grammatical gender system

You might check out Kira Hall's work, if you haven't. I know this one
talks about grammatical gender use:

 Hall, Kira, & Veronica O'Donovan (1996).  Shifting Gender Positions Among
Hindi-speaking Hijras.  In Victoria Bergvall, Janet Bing, & Alice Freed
(eds.),  Rethinking Language and Gender Research: Theory and Practice.
London: Longman. 228-266.

SFK

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 at 10:40pm, the following was brought forth by Rodrigo
Borba:

> Hey, guys, does anyone have suggestions about literature on the
> manupulation the the grammatical gender system? I've been involved with
> a research among Travestis in southern Brazil and I discovered that
> their particular use of the grammatical system in Bazilian Portuguese
> might be really worth taking a look at.
>
> Rodrigo
> "Ousar é perder o equilíbrio por um instante, mas não ousar é perder-se em
si mesmo."

> Kiergaard
>

> ---

Scott F. Kiesling

Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics kiesling at pitt.edu
University of Pittsburgh, 2816 CL Phone: 412-624-5916
Pittsburgh, PA 15260 USA Fax: 412-624-6130

http://www.pitt.edu/~kiesling/skpage.html

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 04/02/2004 / Versão: 1.4.1
Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

---