community of practice

Miriam Meyerhoff Miriam.Meyerhoff at ED.AC.UK
Fri Jan 21 09:16:44 UTC 2005

Thanks for the reference to work in Portuguese, Ana.

If people have references to work they have done,
or know of, using the communities of practice
framework in on on languages OTHER THAN ENGLISH,
Saskia Corder and I would be grateful for the
references. (We are interested in the framework
itself, the work need not be restricted to
studies of language and gender, eg studies of
workplaces, family interaction etc)

If you reply directly to me, I will post a summary to the list.

Thanks, Miriam

--
Miriam Meyerhoff
Reader, Theoretical & Applied Linguistics

ph.: +44 131 650-3961 or (direct line) 651-1836
fax: +44 131 650-3962

http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/~mhoff