reminder about call for nominations for IGALA exec.

Susan Ehrlich sehrlich at YORKU.CA
Fri Oct 13 23:40:19 UTC 2006

Nominations for Vice-President/President Elect and Secretary of IGALA should
be received by Monday, October 23, 2006.  Please see below for details.

Sara Mills, current president of IGALA, will be passing on the presidency to
Jane Sunderland,
current vice-president, at the IGALA conference in Valencia.  In addition,
my term as secretary is
ending.  This means that there are two vacancies on the IGALA Executive
Committee: Vice-
President (President Elect) and Secretary.  I have pasted below the
descriptions of these positions
from the IGALA bylaws.  Both positions have a two-year term.

 ‘The President Elect shall assume the duties of the President in the event
the President cannot
serve, and shall succeed to the office of President at the expiration of the
term as President-elect.’

‘The Secretary shall maintain records of meetings and decisions, call and
run elections, and post
minutes of public meetings and results of elections to the Membership at large.’

Please send me nominations (self or other) for these positions before
Monday, October 23rd.  And,
please remember to reply to me (sehrlich at yorku.ca) and not to the entire list.

Thanks, Susan Ehrlich