Request

shahid siddiqui shahidksiddiqui at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 21 10:21:19 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I am working on my book, "Language, Gender and Power-
Politics of Representation and Hegemony".  I would be
focusing on different forms of expression: literature,
films, Tv Plays, songs, sayings and proverbs and jokes
as powerful means of constructingm, validating, and
perutating the gender sterotypes.  Can you please
share with me more refercnes relating to the above
areas.

I shoudld be graful for your early response.

Thanks.

sincerely,

shahid

P.S. I would alos like yoou recommend some reserach
journal in the field of language and gender.  Thanks

--- Bonnie McElhinny <bonnie.mcelhinny at UTORONTO.CA>

(http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60)

> Anthropology:
>     Office phone:  416-978-3297
>     Office:        Room 242, Anthropology Building,
> 19 Russell St.
>     Fax:           416-978-3217
>
> WGSI:
>     Office phone:   416-978-5176
>     Office:         Room 2044, Wilson Hall, New
> College
>     Fax:            416-946-5561

Dr.Shahid Siddiqui
Professor & Director
Centre for Humanities and Social Sciences
Lahore School of Economics, 104-C Gulberg III
Lahore, Pakistan