Publication of issue 1.2 of GENDER AND LANGUAGE

Jane Sunderland j.sunderland at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Tue Oct 30 21:51:23 UTC 2007

Dear all

I would just like to express my thanks and support to Bonnie and Sara
for all their work with journal, in terms of making it both of a high
academic standard and economically viable.

 I would also like to endorse Bonnie's request that we all try to
increase the institutional subscriptions. Sometimes, as Bonnie says,
this is done through a librarian; sometimes through a Head of
Department; sometimes through a Departmental Board meeting.

It is indeed often the case that a new journal can only be subscribed to
if an old one is cancelled, or 'laid down'. Why not encourage your
Department (or your Library Rep, if you have one) to have a review of
the journals your Department (or University) subscribes to? There may be
some questionable ones. And, of course, 'Gender and Language' is
extremely inexpensive, compared to some (*always* a point worth making
in these sorts of discussions), hence very good value.

Best to all

Jane

Jane Sunderland
Director of Studies, PhD in Applied Linguistics by Thesis and Coursework
and New Route PhD
Dept. of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
Lancs. LA1 4YT

j.sunderland at lancs.ac.uk

For the new Gender and Language Journal (details and subscriptions), see

http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/main.asp?jref=60