Call for Contributions - volume 17 of Norwich Papers

Chris chris.trundles at TISCALI.CO.UK
Wed Dec 10 16:25:23 UTC 2008

forwarding for wider information - For more details please contact
the person mentioned below and pass on at will
Cheers
Chris

Call for Contributions
Norwich Papers are now collecting contributions for volume 17 of
Norwich Papers, an annual publication based at the University of East Anglia.

Norwich Papers was founded in 1993, primarily as a forum for literary
translators, and in recent years has broadened its scope to include
issues surrounding translation in general. Every year the journal
concentrates on a specific theme and draws its contributions from a
wide range of academic backgrounds. Previous volume titles include
Ethics and Politics of Translation and Identities: The Role of
Translation in Global and National Contexts. This year's title is to
be: Translation / Transculture

We encourage varying interpretations of this title and aim for an
interesting, innovative and multicultural collection of papers on
translation. We are looking both for what unites certain cultures on
the issues and practices of translation, and for what sets them
apart. We welcome any contributions received by us before Monday,
30th March 2009. Final contributors will each be sent a free copy of
the volume. For more information and guidelines, email
<mailto:norwichpapers at uea.ac.uk>norwichpapers at uea.ac.uk