Critical discussions of feminist CA.

Celia Kitzinger celia_kitzinger at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 3 04:29:59 UTC 2008

People interested in these discussions might also like to know that I have an article just out responding to Maria Wowk's critique of my work.  It's Kitzinger, Celia 2008, Developing Feminist CA: A response to Wowk, Human Studies.  I think it's only available on-line at the moment with the print copy following later, but if anyone's interested I'm happy to send a copy.
Celia

Professor Celia Kitzinger Department of Sociology University of York YORK YO10 5DD England http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/soci/about/s_kitz.htm

--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Joshua Raclaw <Joshua.Raclaw at COLORADO.EDU> wrote:

From: Joshua Raclaw <Joshua.Raclaw at COLORADO.EDU>
Subject: [GALA-L] Critical discussions of feminist CA.
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 8:49 PM

Dear all,

I'm looking for critical discussions of feminist conversation analysis
(e.g. Wowk 2007, Hegarty 2007) or rejoinders to such critiques (e.g. Kitzinger
2007).  I'm largely interested in those published after 2000 and aimed
specifically at the framework as articulated by Kitzinger and others, though am
also looking for suggestions for critical discussions of examining gender or
other feminist concerns within CA more broadly (e.g. the Schegloff, Wetherell
and Billig exchanges).  Is anyone familiar with any of these discussions in
print?

All best,

Joshua

Hegarty, P. (2007) ‘What Comes after Discourse Analysis for LGBTQ
Psychology?’, in V. Clarke and E. Peel (eds) Out in Psychology: Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Trans and Queer Perspectives, pp. 41–57. London: Wiley.

Kitzinger, Celia. (2007) “Feminist Conversation Analysis: Research by
Students at the University of York, UK,” Feminism & Psychology 17(2):
133-148.

Wowk, Maria. (2007) “Kitzinger's Feminist Conversation Analysis: Critical
Observations,” Human Studies 30(2): 131-155.

Joshua Raclaw - PhD student
Department of Linguistics
Program in Women & Gender Studies
University of Colorado at Boulder