Book announcement: Gender in Language: Classic Questions, New Contexts

Siegel, Jason F. siegeljf at INDIANA.EDU
Sun Jun 29 21:46:09 UTC 2008

Dear all,

On behalf of the Indiana University Linguistics Club (IULC), I am proud
to announce the newest addition to our Working Paper series, Gender in
Language: Classic Questions, New Contexts. The contents are listed
below. To order the volume (which, as co-editor, I highly encourage),
go here: http://www.indiana.edu/~iulc/ordering.html
Or, to look for additional titles, just go to the home page,
http://www.indiana.edu/~iulc . If you have any further questions,
please respond to me (and be careful not to respond to the whole list)
and I will be happy to reply.

--Jason

--
Jason F. Siegel
Ph.D. Student, Linguistics & French Linguistics
siegeljf at indiana.edu

Indiana University Working Papers in Linguistics Volume 7:
Gender in Language: Classic Questions, New Contexts
Edited by Jason F. Siegel, Traci C. Nagle, Amandine Lorente Lapole, and
Julie Auger

This volume is the seventh in our working papers series initiated by
the Indiana University Linguistics Club and the Department of
Linguistics at Indiana University - Bloomington to showcase the
research of our students, faculty and alumni. The papers in this volume
focus on language and gender as listed below.

    * Recasting Language and Masculinities in the Age of Desire --
Scott F. Kiesling
    * Structural Linguistic Gender Categories and Discursive
Materialization: A Deconstructionist Analysis -- Heiko Motschenbacher
    * Variable Norms in the Production of /θ/ in Jerez de la
Frontera, Spain -- Lorenzo J. García-Amaya
    * Gendered Typography: Abbreviation and Insertion in Italian iTV
SMS -- Susan C. Herring & Asta Zelenkauskaite
    * Women’s Attitudes toward Sexist/Nonsexist Language across the
Lifespan -- Traci C. Nagle
    * Women in the Welsh Workplace: Linguistic Trends in Feminization
as Reflected in Contemporary Journalism -- Kevin J. Rottet
    * “Biological Sex and Gender Could Be Different”: A Role for
Narrative in the Production of Social and Linguistic Differentiation --
Amy Sheldon & Mark Wicklund
    * “Dis Is Schubert, Tough Guy”: Linguistic Construction of
Masculinities in a Microsoft Ad -- Amy Sheldon
    * Percolation of Gender in French: The Case of Enceinte -- Jason F. Siegel

ISSN: 1524-2110-07
$19.00