Critical discussions of feminist CA.

Elizabeth Stokoe E.H.Stokoe at LBORO.AC.UK
Sun Jun 29 21:03:39 UTC 2008

Dear Joshua

You could look at the special issue of Discourse and Society in 2002, edited by Ann Weatherall and myself, on these topics - plus Susan Speer's (2005) book Gender Talk published by Routledge. My co-authored book Discourse and Identity (2006, Edinburgh University Press) also deals with these issues.

Liz Stokoe

-----Original Message-----
From: International Gender and Language Association [mailto:GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joshua Raclaw
Sent: 29 June 2008 04:50
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: [GALA-L] Critical discussions of feminist CA.

Dear all,

I'm looking for critical discussions of feminist conversation analysis (e.g. Wowk 2007, Hegarty 2007) or rejoinders to such critiques (e.g. Kitzinger 2007).  I'm largely interested in those published after 2000 and aimed specifically at the framework as articulated by Kitzinger and others, though am also looking for suggestions for critical discussions of examining gender or other feminist concerns within CA more broadly (e.g. the Schegloff, Wetherell and Billig exchanges).  Is anyone familiar with any of these discussions in print?

All best,

Joshua

Hegarty, P. (2007) 'What Comes after Discourse Analysis for LGBTQ Psychology?', in V. Clarke and E. Peel (eds) Out in Psychology: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Queer Perspectives, pp. 41-57. London: Wiley.

Kitzinger, Celia. (2007) "Feminist Conversation Analysis: Research by Students at the University of York, UK," Feminism & Psychology 17(2): 133-148.

Wowk, Maria. (2007) "Kitzinger's Feminist Conversation Analysis: Critical Observations," Human Studies 30(2): 131-155.

Joshua Raclaw - PhD student
Department of Linguistics
Program in Women & Gender Studies
University of Colorado at Boulder