List subscription issues

el don eldon at PANIX.COM
Wed Mar 26 23:34:14 UTC 2008

At 11:28 am -0700 26/3/08, Mary Bucholtz wrote:

>Fourth, it's wonderful that we have so many subscribers to the list,
>but a much smaller subset are members of the International Gender
>and Language Assocation (IGALA), which is the organization that this
>list was designed to serve. We're delighted to see so much interest
>in language and gender and want to keep the list open to anyone who
>would like to subscribe, but we also want to strongly encourage
>subscribers to become members of the organization. Membership
>includes a subscription to the journal Gender and Language, voting
>rights, and other privileges. For more information, see:
><http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/organisations/igala/index.html>

my good intentions to join, evidenced by having downloaded and
printed out the subscription form, have been thwarted, not by the
usual pecuniary disadvantage normally accruing to the part-time
lecturer, but by the long arm of slack which prevents my using time
for going to the post office....

apologies, just a thought - but perhaps there are more people like me
out there who would not take so long to send in their application to
join IGALA if there were an online means of registering and payment.
maybe i have been doing too much online shopping to have come to
expect this facility everywhere?

best,
lexie
(filling in the form right now)