Daddies and mummies

Valentina Pagliai Valentina.Pagliai at OBERLIN.EDU
Fri May 2 01:36:12 UTC 2008

Well,
The girl seemed to be having a lot of fun at it. And I suppose I would
prefer an awareness of the existence of family violence to a girl
misleaded into believing that certain things don't exist (until it
happens to them). I feel that it is really cultural, for lack of a
better word, the American (but not all Americans) tendency to hide
stuff from children. Personally, I feel it is better to make children
aware as soon as possible of sexism and oppression, so they can learn
to defend themselves.
That's my two cents.

Valentina Pagliai
Oberlin College