Daddies and mummies

Goretty Robles Fernández gorettyr at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 3 08:09:03 UTC 2008

El 3 May 2008, a las 01:16, Kenneth Hyde escribió:

> One of the things that struck me, and perhaps can be confirmed by
> Marisol and other Spanish speakers, is that the "translation" in the
> subtitle was quite a bit stronger than the actual Spanish words.
> The subtitles made a lot of use of "fucking" in places where the
> Spanish had no such verbal emphasis, e.g. "inutil" was translated as
> "fucking useless" not just "useless."
As far as I can say, after living six years in the Bay Area, the
wording is far more loaded in the English version. The spanish script
is "normal", those are the things I overhear in the hood (even milder)
back in Spain. Anyhow, fortunately enough, I don't know the exact
wording of an American disrespecting his wife. Well, on my view
captions are stronger than the oral text.