a question

Mary Talbot mary.talbot at YMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 7 14:38:57 UTC 2009

Check out Judith Baxter's collection too, if you haven't already:
Baxter,
Judith  (ed.) (2007) Speaking
Out: The Female Voice in Public ContextsBasingstoke: Palgrave

All good wishes
Mary

________________________________
From: Sally McConnell-Ginet <smg9 at CORNELL.EDU>
To: GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July, 2009 15:24:15
Subject: Re: [GALA-L] a question

There's a chapter in Deborah Cameron's excellent popular bookThe Myth of Mars and Venus that cites research on this and similar
ideas attributing women's relative lack of power to women's own
limitations--bottom line seems to be that there is no evidence that it
is women's inadequacies that keep men in power.  Sally

Dear all,

>>I am a new Member of the list. I am currently writing my thesis about
>whether the fear of public speaking is a reason why women are
>under-represented in field of politics and other power-holding
>positions. Does anyone know whether there is a literature that answers
>this question?
>
>>Thank you very much in advance,
>
>>Kind Regards,
>
>>Bettina