[GALA-L] Reference needed

Sulstarova Brikela Brikela.Sulstarova at CHUV.CH
Wed Jan 13 21:10:41 UTC 2010

Dear Valentina,
I think you can find an example in the book of D. Tannen "You just don't understand" or in the book of J. Gray "Men are from Mars and Women from Venus".
I hope this can help you.
Best regards
Brikela Sulstarova
Responsable de recherche
Service de psychiatrie de liaison
1011 Lausanne-CHUV
tél : 021 314 42 31
De : International Gender and Language Association [GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG] de la part de Valentina [orisha4 at YAHOO.COM]
Date d'envoi : mercredi, 13. janvier 2010 21:38
À : GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Objet : [GALA-L] Reference needed

Dear colleague,

I am at a loss looking for an old example of interaction between husband and wife.

Does anybody remember the old example of the wife telling the husband about trouble at work, just as a way to express her feelings? And the husband instead trying to offer advice?

I need to look at the original transcripts and I cannot recall where they were published.

Does anybody remember the reference?

Thanks,

Valentina Pagliai
CUNY Queens College