IGALA Book Prize 2010

Mills, Sara S.L.Mills at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Jan 14 15:09:16 UTC 2010

The following books have been selected to be on the long list for the International Gender and Language Book Prize 2010 which will be awarded at the conference in Tokyo in 2010.   I have worked with Laurel Kamada and Pat Griffin to approach publishers to have review copies sent to us of these books and we have now sent them all out for review.  Thanks very much for those people who have agreed to review them for us. We have now come up with the long list for the books which will be considered for the IGALA Book prize. We thought it would be useful for you to see the books on the long list (if any books which have been published recently are not on this list, we will put them in for the 2012 prize).
Best wishes,
Sara Mills, Laurel Kamada and Pat Griffin

Niko Besnier: Gossip and the Everyday Production of Politics
Harrington, K; Litosseliti, L; Sauntson, H; Sunderland, J. (Eds) Gender and Language Research Methodologies
Paul Baker: Sexed Texts; Language, Gender and Sexuality
Pia Pichler: Talking Young Femininities
Allyson Jule: A Beginner's Guide to Language and Gender
Sara Mills: Language and Sexism
Harold Castenada-Pena Masculinities and Femininities Go to Preschool
Rosalind Gill: Gender and the Media
Julia Menard-Warwick: Gendered Identities and Immigrant Language Learning
Throsby and Alexander: Gender and Interpersonal Violence: Language, Action and Representation