Harry Potter and boys' literacy practices

Sunderland, Jane j.sunderland at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Fri Jan 22 10:31:40 UTC 2010

Dear all

Can anyone help? I'm very close to finishing a book on 'Gender, Language
and Children's Fiction' and am looking at the question of whether the
Harry Potter series has done anything to improve boys' reading
(attainment) or to change their practices.  There are lots of articles
of faith and anecdotes in this direction, but I can't find any empirical
studies (ethnographic or otherwise).

If you know of any, can you let me know?

Please respond to me at j.sunderland at lancs.ac.uk (*not* the entire
List).

Best wishes to all

Jane