Language, gender and the body. "Dis is Schubert, tough guy".

Amy Sheldon asheldon at UMN.EDU
Sat Mar 20 23:31:02 UTC 2010

Hello Jane and the list,

Here is an analysis of an ironic discursive and graphic
representation of a male (biker) body.

Amy Sheldon. 2008. "Dis is Schubert, tough guy".  Linguistic
construction of masculinities in a Microsoft ad.
In _IUWPL7. Gender in Language: Classic Questions, New Contexts_. pp.
151-160. Bloomington, IN. IULC Publications. Edited by Jason F.
Siegel, Traci. C. Nagle, Amandine Lorente-Lapole, and Julie Auger.
Proceedings of the "Gender in Language" conference.

Allbest,
Amy