'Reading' The Black Body: Or, Considering my Grandmother's hair.

Cecilia E. Ford ceford at WISC.EDU
Sat Mar 20 16:37:03 UTC 2010

Ok. So it is not another article I was looking for but within the reiview of _The Black Body_ (cited in my earlier message) are many essays beyond the account of Baartman's history.  There is an array of perspectives

examination of biracial manhood
good hair...
"the international pastime of gazing at black bodies and comparing them to white ones"

Cecilia E. Ford
Professor of English and Sociology
University of Wisconsin-Madison

UW Interaction Interest Group (UWIIG):   http://uwiig.blogspot.com/