MA in Gender and Language?

Sunderland, Jane j.sunderland at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Tue Nov 16 15:58:44 UTC 2010

Dear all

Some time ago I asked if anyone's institution ran an MA in Gender and
Language, and the answer appeared to be No. I'd however be interested to
hear from anyone whose institution (perhaps newly) does.

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who's tried and failed to set
one up, and to learn what the barriers were.

More generally, I'd like to know whether anyone could imagine doing such
MA, which is of course topic- rather than discipline-based, and very
specific (something which might e.g. be perceived as not very appealing
to future employers).

With best wishes to all

Jane Sunderland