MA in Gender and Language?@Carmen

Anna Serpa bserpa at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 17 23:23:57 UTC 2010

Maria, that´s what I meant, I was VERY specific about which departments and Unis, I named them and also added I knew what was up in Rio but not the rest of the country - which is HUGE. I believe my email was really clear, but I can be clearer, no problem.

Psy people were great - just read what I wrote - but bureocracy didn´t help and so the professors from Linguistics, who my research needed, not to mention people in Psychiatry and Neurology which help me, but it´s all unofiicial, and everything has to be official here. I stick to what I wrote, that was my experience and it´s been like this for five years, almost six. I heard about the conference, but as I said, and will repeat, I can´t leave Rio. I attended to the Psycholinguistics International Meeting here and it was great, could meet and get in touch with a lot of other researchers and that brought a lot of help to my work.

Again, I beg people who could give me the name of a department who could have my work to come foward and do it, please. I have been EVERYWHERE and the research just won´t fit and they say I have to make it fit and cut the neurological part or the psy part and so on. But how? This is cutting on knowledge!

Most of students at Docs and MA don´t complain or criticize because they are afraid of backlashes, that do come, be that a cut on their sponsoring or even having their papers turned down. That is another reason why things won´t get any better, not so soon, on Languages research in Rio and that has got to change. The broader, the freer, the better.

Thanks for your reply,

Anna