'Boyfriend style'

Sarah Wagner swagner at UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Dec 3 21:39:58 UTC 2012

I can't stand the trend either.  It has been around for a while, without
the name, in lots of visual media--I think you can find discussions of it
in classic 2nd wave literature, even the movie about ads and feminism *Killing
Us Softly.*  It's the classic women looking smaller and cuter and more
helpless in the oversized shirts style; women looking more feminine in
masculine clothing.  Been irritating me since young women in the 90s in
college would wear sleeves that were too long, with just their little
fingers poking out because, goodness, having a full set of hands would just
be so...masculine?  Grr.