MLA Survey (Clarification)

Gerry Yokota gyokota at LANG.OSAKA-U.AC.JP
Fri May 4 05:12:12 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Please allow me to clarify. I am not conducting the survey, so please
do not send your responses to me or to this list.

As I wrote, the MLA is conducting a survey of its members. If you are
a member of the MLA, you will receive the link to the survey directly
from the MLA. The reason I wrote to this list to alert colleagues to
this opportunity is because, if you do not follow the link and see the
questions, you may not realize what a valuable opportunity it is. I
know we all get a lot of surveys like this by e-mail, and when you
first receive this one you may not think it's worth the time to open
it and look and may be tempted to just delete it, so I just wanted to
alert you to the possibility that it may indeed be worth your time. It
seems like it might be a great way to support the Gender and Language
journal specifically by indicating the demand for it, as well as
promote more awareness of the importance of gender studies in general.

Gerry Yokota
Osaka U, Japan