IGALA7 student paper award: seeking reviewers

Litosseliti, Evangelia L.Litosseliti at CITY.AC.UK
Fri May 4 12:12:54 UTC 2012

From: Clare Anderson

Dear Colleagues,
As you may be aware, one of the events we are organising for this year's IGALA conference is the Student Paper Award. This is open to both undergraduate and graduate students and we are looking for outstanding submissions in the field of language, gender and sexuality. Submissions are between 5,000 and 7,000 words in length, and can be written in English, Portuguese or Spanish (the languages of the IGALA7 conference). The deadline for submissions was 30th April 2012, and I am delighted to report that we have received a large number of submissions.

We have already had some volunteers to review the papers, but due to the number of submissions we urgently need more reviewers  - particularly those able to review papers written in Portuguese (each reviewer would only need review one essay). If you are willing to help, Clare Anderson, who is coordinating the competition, will send you an essay to review together with a list of review criteria  asking you to respond by 25th May at the latest.
We would be most grateful if you could email Clare directly (cha637 at bham.ac.uk; not via this list) to indicate that you are willing/able to help.

Thank you in advance.

Dr Lia Litosseliti
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Senior Lecturer in Linguistics & Programme Director for BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy
Department of Language and Communication Science
City University London
Northampton Square
London EC1V 0HB
UK