A 'new' one

Dr. MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Sun Nov 17 17:10:43 UTC 2013

Jatxaya is 'cook' as a verb.  From the first time I saw it, more than half a
century ago, I thot that -ya was a causative, but I could never get the form
without it.  Dr. B just gave it to me -- I think it's the work on
Birioukova's thesis that is making him think of some of these -- and I get
Ukaq jatxawa' -- that is cookable -- i.e., 'jatxa' is a NOUN & I never knew
how to ask for it 'cookable' referring to a food.  Would be used about kinds
of potatoes, etc.

Just thought you would enjoy.  When it comes time for a dissertation
derivationals, or a journal paper, a lot of the three syllable verbs will
need looking at.

BTW -- these means we need to search the db and correct.

Dr. MJ Hardman
Professor Emeritus
Linguistics, Anthropology and Latin American Studies
University of Florida
Doctora Honoris Causa UNMSM, Lima, Perú
website:  http://clas.ufl.edu/users/hardman/