Video Librarian Gives A GIRL LIKE HER 3.5 Stars! | A WMM Release

Women Make Movies Educate educate at WMM.COM
Mon Sep 16 19:11:01 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am writing from Women Make Movies, the leading nonprofit distributor of films by and about women. I thought the members of this listserv would be interested to know that our new release, A GIRL LIKE HER, was awarded three and a half stars by the prestigious Video Librarian! This valuable and deeply creative educational resource explores critical issues around reproductive rights, feminism, women’s history and motherhood.

I am posting more info below on A GIRL LIKE HER and its recent review. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and thanks as always for supporting independent women filmmakers!

**A GIRL LIKE HER Reviewed in Video Librarian!**

"The movie punches up the personal accounts, creating a jaw dropping picture of ‘ideal’ womanhood in an America that existed only 50 years ago."

"***1/2 Highly Recommended."
-Video Librarian

A GIRL LIKE HER <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c846.shtml>
>From 1945-73, 1.5 million unmarried young American women, facing enormous social pressures, surrendered babies to adoption. Lacking sex education and easy access to birth control, they were forced into hiding while pregnant and then into “abandoning” their infants. In her latest film, Ann Fessler, Professor of Photography at Rhode Island School of Design, reprises the subject of her award-winning The Girls Who Went Away (National Book Critics Circle; Ballard Book Prize), which Ms. readers named an all-time best feminist book.

View the trailer: http://www.wmm.com/advscripts/wmmvideo.aspx?pid=216
Buy the DVD: http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c846.shtml

For more titles like this, discover all of WMM’s Reproductive Rights <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/subjects/sub91.shtml>, Women’s Studies <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/subjects/sub105.shtml> and Feminism <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/subjects/sub44.shtml> subject area films!

GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION

All orders must be accompanied by an institutional purchase order or Prepayment. Payment may be made by institutional check, money order, or Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.

Women Make Movies *115 W. 29th Street, Suite 1200, New York, NY, 10001*
orders at wmm.com
Tel: 212.925.0606 x360

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Meredith Heil
Marketing Coordinator
Women Make Movies