BAY OF ALL SAINTS | A Women Make Movies New Release

Women Make Movies Educate educate at WMM.COM
Wed Sep 25 16:51:01 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I’m writing from Women Make Movies, the leading nonprofit distributor of films by and about women. I thought the members of this listserv would be interested in our newest release, BAY OF ALL SAINTS, a captivating educational resource exploring clashing economic and environmental crises in Brazil. BAY OF ALL SAINTS is a fantastic addition to classrooms, organizations and libraries focused on Latin American Studies, Globalization, Poverty, Social Justice Issues, Environmental Activism and Reuse, Post-Colonial Studies, Women’s Studies and the Latina Experience. To celebrate this release, WMM is offering a special promotion on a body of titles that expand upon BAY OF ALL SAINTS’ educational value.

I’m including some additional info on BAY OF ALL SAINTS and the related special offer. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and thanks as always for supporting independent women filmmakers!

BAY OF ALL SAINTS
 <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c854.shtml>

In Bahia, Brazil, generations of impoverished families live in palafitas, shacks built on stilts over the ocean bay. When the government threatens to reclaim the bay in the name of ecological restoration, hundreds of families are about to lose their homes. BAY OF ALL SAINTS is a lyrical portrait of three single mothers living in the water slums during this crisis. As these women rise to fight for their future, they begin to see the bay in a whole new light.

A film by Annie Eastman
US/Brazil, 2012, 74 minutes, Color, DVD, Portuguese, Subtitled

Institutional Price: $350.00
DVD Rental Price: $125.00
K-12, Public Libraries, Community Groups: $89.00

View the trailer: http://www.wmm.com/advscripts/wmmvideo.aspx?pid=226
Purchase the film:  http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c854.shtml

**Special Offer on WMM’s HUMAN RIGHTS: INTERNATIONAL Collection!**

WMM's International Human Rights Collection fearlessly tackles crucial human rights issues, providing unique and needed perspectives on our changing world. Explore this special collection and take 50% off any title when you purchase BAY OF ALL SAINTS at list price! Read on for highlighted titles and discount information.

ROUGH AUNTIES
<http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c744.shtml>
Masterful, gut-wrenching, uplifting.... Even though South Africa has so many specific issues, this movie is universal and somehow, more relevant than ever." -Video Librarian

THE SARI SOLDIERS
<http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c727.shtml>
"Near perfect. It accomplishes the tenuous balance that only the best documentaries can provide." -Feminist Review

 INVOKING JUSTICE
<http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c834.shtml>
"An intimate and inspiring portrayal of the collective action of Muslim sisterhood."
-Stephen Hughes, University of London

THE PRICE OF SEX
<http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c804.shtml>
"...the film offers uniquely personal insight into a major criminal enterprise that destroys the lives of countless young women... recommended." -Video Librarian

Use promo code BOASLS13 to apply your discount. To view trailers and see a complete list of films, view WMM's entire HUMAN RIGHTS: INTERNATIONAL Special Collection: http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/collect14.shtml!

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Other exceptions may apply.
GENERAL ORDERING INFORMATION

All orders must be accompanied by an institutional purchase order or Prepayment. Payment may be made by institutional check, money order, or Visa and MasterCard.

Women Make Movies *115 W. 29th Street, Suite 1200, New York, NY *
orders at wmm.com
Tel: 212.925.0606 x360

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Meredith Heil
Marketing Coordinator
Women Make Movies