[Gala-l] Apology for inconvenience of off-topic message

Cashman, Holly Holly.Cashman at unh.edu
Mon Nov 24 10:26:38 UTC 2014

Dear GALA-L subscribers,

Linguist List recently switched the software for managing lists, and due to this switch some settings were changed unexpectedly. GALA-L has been a moderated list for a little over a year now, and we require that messages are closely related to the topics of language, gender and sexuality. This means, for example, that calls for papers or conference announcements must, at a minimum, include language and gender or sexuality as a topic. Also, to the extent possible, I try to assess whether a conference or journal is legitimate and not predatory in nature. It is my feeling that the last message did not meet those basic criteria, and for that I apologize. I am thankful, however, that the message did alert me to the fact that the settings of GALA-L had been inadvertently changed, a problem that I believe has now been fixed.

If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me individually at holly.cashman at unh.edu.

Best wishes and thank you for your patience during this transition to the new list management software,
Holly

p.s. For additional ways to interact with IGALA, you may be interested in liking the IGALA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/InternationalGenderandLanguageAssociationIGALA) and the new Facebook page for the journal Gender & Language (https://www.facebook.com/genderlanguage).

Holly R. Cashman
Associate Professor of Spanish (Linguistics)
Department of Languages, Literatures, & Cultures
& Core Faculty in Women's Studies
210G Murkland Hall
University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH 03824