[Gala-l] Graduate student member news

ROWLETT BENEDICT benedictrowlett at me.com
Mon Aug 31 05:24:57 UTC 2015

Dear IGALA Graduate Student Members,

My name's Ben Rowlett and I'm the Graduate Student Representative on the IGALA Board. Good to meet you all!

I'm writing to you all with some bits and pieces of news as well as a few requests for feedback/ opinions.

First, as I'm sure you know, IGALA 9 will be held at City University of Hong Kong next year and it would be great to see many of you there. Here is the link to the conference page:

http://www.english.cityu.edu.hk/en/portal/igala/

As part of the conference we have the Graduate Student Essay Contest. I will be sending out more information on that in the next couple of months.

We also have the Graduate Student Workshop. At past conferences this has taken the form of a Q&A session with expert speakers on matters of graduate student interest. I would therefore like to ask you all for some ideas regarding themes or topics you would like to discuss with the speakers. Or do you have any other ideas about what form you would like to see the workshop take? Please let me know by sending a message to:

benedictrowlett at me.com

We have also been developing a new IGALA website which contains a page for graduate students (currently with no content).

http://igalaweb.wix.com/igala

Is there anything in particular you would like to see on that page? All ideas most welcome.

Finally, please feel free to send me a message with any ideas, comments or suggestions about how you think IGALA could best serve the interests of its graduate student members.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon,

Ben