[Gala-l] IGALA Blog - Call for posts

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:21:58 UTC 2015

Dear all,

On the behalf of IGALA, I am thrilled to announce that we'll be soon start
a blog on the topic of language, gender and sexuality. The blog will be
part of a bigger inter-related project that aims to reach all the scholars
in these fields.  You'll soon receive more info about this.

In the meantime, we invite you to submit a post for our new blog. Before
providing more information, the deadline for submission is on *30th
September 2015*. What we are after is a 500-700 word text which, less
scientifically than a paper, describes the relationship between language
and gender and/or sexuality. It could be something you noticed in the news,
somethings that you encounter everyday, something that struck your
attention. You can include data as well as tables/graphs, but we are not
looking for abstracts or full papers. The aim is to foster debate and to
share ideas.

I have a column in an Italian portal where I write about language and
gender in the Italian context (if you are interested you can find the link
below, the page is in Italian) and just to give you some examples, I write
about forms of address (Signora, Signorina, Signor and Signorino), sexist
teaching materials, dictionary entries, grammatical and ideological gender.

We will contact those who have submitted a post in October and we will
publish them in November. The posts must be in English and if you want they
can be followed by a version in another language.

You can email your posts (or queries related to the blog) here
<federicaformato at gmail.com>

Please find below more details about the submissions:

·       Rights: we reserve the right to make addition or deletion, to
refuse and, in some cases, refuse publications.

·       Licence: non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free
worldwide licence to publish and communicate to the public any material you
submit

·       Copyright: Original work

·       Material: No obscene, offensive and illegal material.

--
Dr Federica Formato

Researcher in Language and Gender

Lancaster University

Lead Mentor Corpus Linguistics MOOC
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/corpus-linguistics

Member Advisory Council *IGALA* (International Gender and Language
Association)

RiGLS Coordinator

Columnist *Lingua di Genere*

http://tinyurl.com/linguadigenere