[Gala-l] Igala blog, second issue out now!

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 09:54:53 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well.  I am writing with regard to the Igala
blog! We have just published the second issue; The topic is possible
relations between gender and religion. Hence the title GENDER AND RELIGION
IN THE PUBLIC SPACE: (MIS)UNDERSTANDINGS AND (UN)CONVENTIONAL ROLES.

We have two very interesting posts, one is about the linguistic
representation of a bishop in Canada and the other is about the
understanding and manipulation of the term 'gender' in Italy. They give two
very different perspectives on how gender is seen through the lens of
religion in different public spaces: the Church and a the School.

You can find the posts here: http://igalaweb.wix.com/igala#!igala-blog/cbfq

If you want to send your post for our third issue please do email me at
federicaformato.ac at gmail.com. The deadline is 15 February 2016.

Igala is looking forward to reading your language, gender and sexuality
stories.

Best wishes,

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Researcher in Language and Gender

Member Advisory Council *IGALA* (International Gender and Language
Association)

Lecturer in Multimodality - Loughborough University

Lecturer in Language and Gender - Westminster University

Lecturer in Corpus Linguistics - Salford University

Columnist *Lingua di Genere*

http://tinyurl.com/linguadigenere

"Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
(B.Harper)