[Gala-l] Survey on concepts

Anna Finzel finzel at uni-potsdam.de
Fri Nov 11 10:14:22 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

First of all, sorry in advance for cross-posting.

For a cognitive linguistic study on three selected concepts (witch,
woman and homosexuality), my colleague and I are still looking for
informants. The study is a cross-check of previous data, in order to
compare the concepts found there with the ones of actual speakers. It is
conducted in the form of an anonymous online survey and the participants
we aim to address are people from the UK, India and Nigeria.

We'd be very thankful if you could help us sharing the survey with as
many potential contributors as possible.

I have attached an invitation text below which provides further
information and which you can freely use in order to spread the word. At
the end of the survey, the participants have the opportunity to leave
their e-mail address (of course stored separately from their answers) in
case they are interested in the results of the study.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact
me (finzel at uni-potsdam.de).

Many thanks for your support and have a nice weekend!

All the best
Anna

######### INVITATION TEXT: #########

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are currently conducting an anonymous online survey within the
context of an academic project at Potsdam University in Germany. The
survey addresses people from India, Nigeria and the UK who use English
on a regular basis, without any further restrictions for example with
regard to age, gender or profession.

As we are still in need of participants, we'd be more than grateful if
you were willing to contribute to this project, by spending 15 minutes
of your time on filling in the survey that can be found here:

[0] <https://www.soscisurvey.de/description-task/>

Your contribution is very much appreciated and helps to advance
scientific research.

Please be also welcome to spread the link among your family, friends,
acquaintances, colleagues, students, and so on, in order to reach as
many people as possible.

Many thanks and warm greetings from Potsdam!

With kind regards
Anna Finzel

--
Anna Finzel, M.A.